SphereShield for MS Teams components
- Admin Portal Database – The Database stores the product configurations; it can be collocated with other Databases on the same server/Instance.
- Admin Portal Web Application – The Portal Web App is used to configure most SphereShield settings.
- Bastion – A Bastion Reverse proxy server that is in the DMZ or Cloud. This server will filter through the traffic and will execute blocks and restrictions.
- Filters - modules of the Bastion Reverse Proxy that serves as security providers for MS Teams.
- CASB Adapter Service - connects to the MS Teams API.
To determined if you need Bastion - please visit the introduction page here
SphereShield for MS Teams Centralized and Distributed topologies
SphereShield for MS Teams is currently available as an on-premise solution using a proxy and API CASB service.
The Proxy is provided by the Bastion Proxy, which is a windows service running on a windows machine.
The API CASB is provided by the CASB Adapter Service, which is a windows service running on a windows machine.
SphereShield for Teams could be installed on one server hosting all roles (centralized topology) or each role could be installed on a different server (distributed topology).
(Distributed approach for API CASB)
(Distributed approach for Proxy)